Day 4: Tips from the Inside: How to Get Into Your Dream School
Saturday, October 10
3-4:30pm Pacific/6-7:30pm Eastern
45 minutes presentation
45 minutes guided Q&A
*Intermediate & Advanced Dancers from 7th to 12th grade
*Parents are strongly encouraged to attend with their student
Your best advice is from an expert who has navigated the often complex process of acceptance into a college dance program many times over. With our track record of helping many students successfully get into the colleges of their choice, this session will further demystify the process by giving you the most important tips that aren’t often considered, but that can make the biggest impact.
Most important to your success is finding the right fit in a college program, and most importantly a school that gives you the attention you deserve. The school must want to invest in you as both a dancer and a human being. Here are the important issues we will delve into:
- Finding a school that appreciates what you have to uniquely offer as an artist.
- Approaching the live audition for college and intensives strategically
- Properly researching schools and programs
- Planning for an effective and insightful on-campus visit
- Using your dance skills in applying for schools as a non dance major
- Accessing financial aid – grants, scholarships, on-campus work-study and loans