Preparing for a college dance program is an investment in time and energy. Ideally it is an effort expended over a period of years and not months. There is so much more to gaining acceptance into a reputable college dance program than the completing the application and audition. The experiences you accumulate over time – the intensives, the workshops, the training, the internships – play a very significant and critical role in determining your competitiveness.
No matter where you find yourself in the process or in your educational journey, time spent planning with teachers, mentors and college dance experts is essential to set yourself up for success – to take some of the mystery out of the process. If you are unable to make it to one of our College Prep Workshops or enroll in an in-person consultation at one of the workshops, we offer an exclusive online consultation option with college dance experts from Francisco Gella Dance Works.
Your individual consultation is meant to address specific questions and needs that you have with regard to preparation for a college dance program and in the college planning process itself. Sessions are a minimum of an hour at a time. A lot can be accomplished in an hour, but certainly not everything. If you know you will need ongoing assistance, you have an option to purchase a package of sessions.
Depending on what you would like to focus on during your one-on-one consultation, you will be sent an email following your registration with details on your individualized session and we will ask to submit materials ahead of time. Depending on where you are in the process, or how old you are, the items could include but not be limited to:
- List of Colleges
- Footage of pre screening materials
- Footage of solo piece
- College Essay
If you find that you would like to schedule a series of consultations. We do offer a package of four (4) individual consultations at the package rate of $550. Please select 4-topics** from the list below:
*You will be sent an email with additional details and specific requests to prepare for your consultation based on which topic you select.
**Options within the package rate are subject to change if after your first consultation, you, your parents, and your Francisco Gella Consultant decides another topic is better suited for your specific needs.
- Assisting in creating a college list of schools to apply for
- Assistance with the live Interview
- How to research schools
- Planning your campus visits
- Realistic assessment of goals and schools
- Finding the best fit between the individual student and college
- How to best prepare and approach the live audition
- How to choose the right solo to fit the college list of your desires
- Making good choices in training and summer intensives – to prepare for college
- Financing a college education
- Preparing the college essay
- Developing an effective college dance resume
- Other topics? (blank field)