Invest in Your Dance Future
Preparing for a college dance program is an investment in time and energy. Ideally, it is an effort expended over a period of years and not months. There is so much more to gaining acceptance into a reputable college dance program than completing the application and audition. The experiences you accumulate over time – the intensives, the workshops, the training, the internships, and your relationships – play a very significant and critical role in determining your competitiveness. And the earlier you plan, the more intentional you can be – 7th grade is not too young to get started.
No matter where you find yourself in the process or in your educational journey, time spent planning with teachers, mentors and college dance experts is essential to set yourself up for success – to take the mystery out of the process. If you are unable to make it to one of our College Prep Workshops or enroll for an in-person consultation at one of the workshop locations, we offer an exclusive online consultation option with college dance experts from Francisco Gella Dance Works.
Why is an Individual Consultation a Good Idea?
Your individual consultation is meant to address specific questions and needs that you have with regard to preparation for a college dance program and in the specifics of the college admissions process itself. Sessions are a minimum of an hour at a time. A lot can be accomplished in an hour, but certainly not everything. If you know you will need ongoing assistance, you have an option to purchase a package of consultation hours (5 hours for the price of 4!) at your initial registration. You may also add hours at a later date if needed.
Following are a list of potential topics that can be covered in a one-hour individual consultation. You will be able to select from these options (on the check-out page), the best the topic(s) that best fit your purpose in scheduling a consultation.
- Developing an effective college dance resume
- Preparing the college essay
- Financing a college education
- Making good choices in training and summer intensives to prepare for college dance
- How to choose the right solo to fit your selected list of colleges
- How to best prepare for and approach the college live audition
- Finding the best fit between you, the student, and the college
- Realistic assessment of goals and schools
- Planning your college campus visits
- How to research schools
- Assistance with the live college interview
- Assistance in creating a college list of schools to apply for
What Happens After I Register for a Session?
Depending on what you would like to focus on during your one-on-one consultation, you will be sent an email following your registration with details on your individualized session requesting you to submit materials ahead of the meeting. Depending on where you are in the process, or how old you are, the items could include but not be limited to:
- List of Colleges
- Footage of pre-screening materials
- Footage of solo piece
- College Essay
Purchasing Your Individual Consultation or Package
- DON’T FORGET to book your appointment because your consultation will not be scheduled unless you select a meeting time. Once you complete your consultation purchase, a page will load that will allow you to select a time from the calendar.
- You will be sent an email with additional details and specific requests to prepare for your consultation based on which topic you select.
- In selecting a topic(s) to be discussed, it is mutually understood that while every effort will be made by our college dance expert to complete the consultation in the allotted amount of time reserved, in some cases it may take longer. In this case, our staff will advise you as to the additional time needed accordingly. It is also understood that the time purchased for one-on-one assistance will include but not be limited to reviewing and editing documents, researching appropriate information, and spending time consulting via video chat or telephone.
|College Prep Consultation Package (5 hours)|
|College Prep One-Hour Individual Consultation||$125.00|
Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have questions.