Invest in Your Dance Future
Preparing for a college dance program is an investment in time and energy. Ideally, it is an effort expended over a period of years and not months. There is so much more to gaining acceptance into a reputable college dance program than completing the application and audition. The experiences you accumulate over time – the intensives, the workshops, the training, the internships, and your relationships – play a very significant and critical role in determining your competitiveness. And the earlier you plan, the more intentional you can be – 7th grade is not too young to get started.
No matter where you find yourself in the process or in your educational journey, time spent planning with teachers, mentors, and college dance experts is essential in setting yourself up for success – to take the mystery out of the process. You have two options for an exclusive, individualized consultation with Julie Friedrich, Associate Director for College and Career Programs at Francisco Gella Dance Works.
Individual Consultation Options
Workshop Add-On: Individual Consultations
- Receive individualized, customized, one-on-one support for your students at one of our workshop locations
- Consultations must be purchased and scheduled prior to the workshop date and are confirmed on a first-come-first-serve basis (so book early)
- In-person consultations can only be booked on the Saturday (9am to 12pm) & Sunday (10am to 1pm) of the workshop you are attending. If you book a consultation on any other days, we will schedule it as a phone consultation.
- In-person consultations can be booked in only one-hour blocks – so that as many attendees as possible can be seen (Additional phone consultations can be booked leading up to and after the workshops either online or during the workshop)
- One parent permitted to attend with their student
Ongoing Individual Consultations (by phone)
- If you are unable to make it to one of our College Prep Workshops for an in-person consultation, we also offer an exclusive phone consultation option with Julie Friedrich
- Consultations can be booked in one-hour blocks or as a discounted package of 5-hours
- One parent is permitted to join the call with the student
Why is an Individual Consultation a Good Idea for My Student?
Your individual consultation is meant to address specific questions and needs that you have with regard to preparation for a college dance program and in the specifics of the college admissions process itself. Sessions are a minimum of an hour at a time. A lot can be accomplished in an hour, but certainly not everything. If you know you will need ongoing assistance, you have an option to purchase a package of consultation hours (5 hours for the price of 4!) at your initial registration. You may also add hours at a later date if needed.
Following are a list of potential topics that can be covered in a one-hour individual consultation. You will be able to select from these options (on the check-out page), the best the topic(s) that best fit your purpose in scheduling a consultation.
- Developing an effective college dance resume
- Preparing the college essay
- Financing a college education
- Making good choices in training and summer intensives to prepare for college dance
- How to choose the right solo to fit your selected list of colleges
- How to best prepare for and approach the college live audition
- Finding the best fit between you, the student, and the college
- Realistic assessment of goals and schools
- Planning your college campus visits
- How to research schools
- Assistance with the live college interview
- Assistance in creating a list of colleges to apply for
What Happens After I Purchase the Consultation?
Depending on whether you purchased an in-person or phone consultation, and what you selected to focus on during your consultation, you will be sent an email following your registration with a confirmation of the time and date and any additional details. We will also request you to submit materials ahead of the meeting. Depending on where you are in the process, or how old you are, the items could include but not be limited to:
- List of Colleges
- Footage of pre-screening materials
- Footage of solo piece
- College essay
Important Things to Remember about Purchasing your Consultation
- Once you complete your consultation purchase, a page will load that will allow you to select a time from the calendar. DON’T FORGET to book your appointment because your consultation will not be scheduled unless you select a meeting time.
- In selecting a topic(s) to be discussed, it is mutually understood that while every effort will be made by our college dance expert to complete the consultation in the allotted amount of time reserved, in some cases it may take longer. In this case, our staff will advise you as to the additional time needed accordingly. It is also understood that the time purchased for one-on-one assistance will include but not be limited to reviewing and editing documents, researching appropriate information, and spending time consulting via video chat or telephone.
|College Prep Consultation Package (5 hours)|
|College Prep One-Hour Individual Consultation||$145.00|
No full refunds will be issued for registered participants. A 50% refund will be issued up forty-five days prior to the start of the program. An exception will be made for documented medical or health reasons due to an unforeseen injury or illness. For dancers with an injury or illness, 100% of the tuition will be refunded up to thirty days prior to the start of the program. If the illness or injury reported to the program director under 30 days, a 50% refund will be issued by check no more than five business days after the completion of the program and the other 50% may be used as a credit for another program in the next twelve months that is produced and owned by Francisco Gella Dance Works. In the case of any injury or illness, a documented note or letter from a licensed physician must be submitted before a refund will be considered.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have questions.