INVEST IN YOUR DANCE FUTURE
Preparing for a college dance program, summer intensive experiences, and making choices for your training is a significant investment in time and energy. Ideally, it is an effort expended over a period of years and not months, because there is so much more to gaining acceptance into a reputable college dance program and getting into the best summer intensives than completing the application and audition.
The experiences you accumulate over the course of years – the intensives, workshops, daily training, internships, and your relationships – play a very significant and critical role in determining your college and career competitiveness. The earlier you plan, the more intentional you can be; it is highly encouraged to begin the process of college and career planning as early as 7th grade.
No matter where you find yourself in the process or in your educational journey, time spent planning with teachers, mentors, and college dance experts is essential in setting yourself up for success – to take the mystery out of the process. Julie Friedrich, Associate Director for College and Career Programs at Francisco Gella Dance Works, is a proven expert and here to assist you with virtual individualized consultations – so no matter where you are in the world, you can connect to plan your future.
HOW IT WORKS
- Consultations can be booked in one-hour blocks or as a discounted package of five 1-hour blocks.
- Meetings are conducted by ZOOM or by phone.
- Parents are highly encouraged to join the call with the student.
- After you have enrolled for a session(s), Julie will contact you to set up a mutually agreed-upon date and time.
- Depending on your needs, Julie may request some prep work and/or materials (ie resumes, dance footage, etc) to be sent to her before the scheduled consultation.
WHY IS AN INDIVIDUAL CONSULTATION IMPORTANT FOR ME and MY STUDENT?
The process of planning for your dance career can be daunting and one that is better accomplished with the support of others who have the knowledge you’ll need to be successful.
Your individual consultation will address specific questions and needs that you have with regard to preparation for a college dance program, the specifics of the college admissions process itself, making decisions on summer intensives, and/or planning your training in the years leading up to going to college or starting a career.
Sessions are a minimum of one hour at a time. A lot can be accomplished in an hour, but certainly not everything. If you know you will need ongoing assistance, you have an option to purchase a package of consultation hours (5 hours at a discount!) at your initial registration. You may also add hours at a later date, if needed.
Following is a list of potential topics that can be covered in a one-hour individual consultation. You will be able to select from these options (on the check-out page), the topic(s) that best fits your purpose in scheduling a consultation or, if it is not listed, you may let us know your own area of interest.
- Developing an effective college dance resume
- Preparing the college essay
- Financing a college education
- Making good choices in training and summer intensives to prepare for college dance and careers
- Assistance in planning your training curriculum
- How to choose the right solo to fit your selected list of colleges
- How to best prepare for and approach the college live audition
- Finding the best fit between you, the student, and the college
- Realistic assessment of goals and schools
- Planning your college campus visits
- How to research schools
- Assistance with the live college interview
- Assistance in creating a list of colleges to apply for
- Applying to award and scholarship programs, such as Young Arts
- Financing and planning for college expenses
- And there are many more topics that can be covered based on your needs…
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I PURCHASE THE CONSULTATION?
You will be sent an email from Julie following your enrollment to schedule a date and time, and further inquiry into your needs. Depending on what you want to accomplish, she may ask you to submit materials ahead of the meeting to make it highly productive. Depending on where you are in the planning process, or how old you are, the items could include but not be limited to:
- List of colleges and interests
- Resume (if you have one)
- Video footage of pre-screening materials
- Video footage of solo piece
- College essay
- List of your dance experiences to date
AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT YOUR CONSULTATION PURCHASE
In selecting a topic(s) to be discussed, it is mutually understood that while every effort will be made by our college dance expert to complete the consultation in the allotted amount of time reserved, in some cases it may take longer. In this case, our staff will advise you as to the additional time needed. It is also understood that the time purchased for one-on-one assistance will include, but not be limited to, reviewing and editing documents in advance of the meeting, researching appropriate information, and actual time spent consulting via video chat or telephone.
|College Prep Consultation Package (5 hours for 10% off)|
|College Prep One-Hour Individual Consultation||$175.00 USD|
ABOUT JULIE FRIEDRICH
Artistic Associate for College and Career Programs, Francisco Gella Dance Works
Julie Friedrich created and led the college seminar program for over ten years at two premiere arts high schools in California; the Orange County School of the Arts, and the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts. She has taken her program and experience where she now serves on the performing arts faculty of Windward School in Culver City, CA. The overwhelming success of her efforts led Francisco Gella Dance Works to add the program to their roster of educational offerings beginning in 2017. Under the mentorship and guidance of Julie, her students have gone on to study at such schools as USC Kaufman, Juilliard, Boston Conservatory, NYU Tisch, Laban School, SUNY Purchase, Point Park, University of Utah, The Rambert School, Arts Umbrella and University of Michigan. In 2013, President Obama and the White House named Julie one of the most influential arts teachers in the country for her mentorship of young dancers and her work with numerous winners of the Young Arts Competition.
For Julie’s complete bio, go to https://franciscogelladance.com/julie-rose-friedrich/
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTATION CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: No refunds will be issued for registered participants. However, you may use the payment made as a credit toward a rescheduled appointment if the change is made before the originally scheduled appointment or toward one of our College Prep Workshops.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have questions.